Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking with a guy at work that has a Benelli Tornado and was asking about tank fuel range as I am getting rid of my Firestorm that only did 110 miles on a tank.
He just laughed and said I might get 90 miles if I am lucky with around 25mpg!! Is that true?
I know its a toy but blimey, 25mpg!:confused:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Hi Owdgit, that sounds about right to me buddy, it just depends how you ride, if you ride how it should be ridden then thats about right, maybe even less if your a Nutter, if you do a more sedate ride you might be lucky to get say 120 to a tank or I think Errol :bow: got more than that on one of his rides (he's a Real Owdgit :rolleyes: ), check his site out or thread,

The Fun of Benelli :bow:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Your mate is not far off. I'd say more like high 20's with around 120 miles to the tank.........but hey, what miles eh?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blimey Laurence, I thought the petrol stations were further apart than that in Scotland, at least it seemed that way when I went around Fort William, Spean Bridge etc. on the Firestorm.:D

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Owdgit, I have a tl1000s,when I went out with a mate on a firestorm for a fastish ride we use about the same ie about 90 miles to fill light.
Now comparing the tl against my RS, the RS is better on fuel,I have had 140miles, or 90 miles or less if riding fast, but the RS tank only gets about 3 gall at fill light, whereas the tl takes about 3.5.
Conclusion is the nelli should be slighty better if you ride at similar pace.
colin.

·
1,841 Posts
Laurence, how much juice do you get in at 120 miles ? when my light stays on I only ever get 3 gall in. I have looked inside and it looks empty. My best fuel was 140 for 3 gall ie about 46mpg (riding smooth bedding new clutch in)

·
5,934 Posts
might get 90 miles if I am lucky with around 25mpg!!
I've done 57,402 km since 22 Dec 2004 & averaged 35 mpg - 8 litres/100km.
Before fitting a Motty AT ....
The worst I've ever got is 28 mpg (up & back down Mt Buffalo then the Tawonga Gap - if you knew them, you'd understand :D ). The best was 50 mpg (Hume highway Yass to Gundagai in a bunch of Ulyssians cruising at 130 kph)

Since installing a Motty AT, Nell's travelled 5183 km, at an average 44 mpg. The worst is 38mpg. The best is 52 mpg.

So, yes, the standard Tre can be thirsty if pushed & DOES generally run rich. But as you can see, you can do something about it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks chaps, this site really is the font.
Glad I googled Benelli forum.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hi owdgit. I had a firestorm prior to nellie and it was a real pain watching the trip counter and planning the next fuel stop, but have to say I find the benelli much better, havent had it on a really hard days riding with the pilots in my bike club(633 squadron) but have seen 130 on a tank regularly, maybe once I get a few more miles under my belt this will start to fall but so far much better!:ele:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Likewise, a run up the motorway recently at a steady 80ish saw the light come on at just on 100 miles. I filled up with 13.9 litres at 115 miles, giving 37 ish mpg:( . That was an unusually steady ride, no hard acceleration etc. Methinks they run way too rich, and waste a lot of fuel. A Motty sounds like a good idea:) ! I'll be looking at your website shortly, Errol:D !

cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
159 Posts
Only 400 miles total so far on my LE but on my last couple trips back and forth to work - 20 miles of 80mph freeway down and 40 miles of aggressive riding (the long way home :D ) back I got 30mpg.

Fuel light came on at 90 miles and it took 3 gallons.

Anyone know how much fuel is usable (ie before you're pushing)?

·
3,085 Posts
well

I think I could get about 220 kilometres on the RS before it ran dry, the reserve is pretty generous (about 4 litres) and it usually comes on around 170-180 if I'm cruising on a open road, round town its pretty thirsty, but its not a commuter is it.
I'm keen on doing some dyno runs to log the gases though, anyone done this?

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Prior to putting the bike to bed for the winter I did a 500 mile lap of my favorite Scottish roads at a reasonable but not daft pace. 120 miles to the tank full sounds about right. Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts