Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dunlop 208 rr have served the TNT well but I think iy`s time I changed them!! Have a look in my album & you`ll see why:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/benellidave/Brands_trackday
Who uses what tyres?
What doesn`t suit?
Anyone running a 180 rear?
I have a set of brand new Pirelli Super Corsa`s but 180 rear not 190
Opinions please:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
3,085 Posts
go 180

it'll help the bike turn better some tyre mob just brung out a 190 with a higher 55 ratio sidewall though the get the same turn in as a 180 forgot who though.

·
903 Posts
What tyres?

:p

Pirelli Corsa's for me matey! See my MV in my album, they only have a small amount of tread in the middle otherwise they are completely slick!:D

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Dave the 208's that came on the TNT were good........the Bt020’s were about the same the bt014's I fitted were definitely better........ but the Pirelli Diablo corsa's I now run are superb :clap: I was told Pirelli recommend not to run a 180 on the TNT rim as it effects the speed rating ? whether that is true or not I don’t know but I can tell you that the 190 turns as quick as I want it to, and grips like a lady of the night ;)
Terry

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Pilot powers 2ct for me (190 on the arse)

Lovely set of rubbers they are. I've got about 5mm of unused rubber on the sides and I feel as though I've not even had the bike over that far;)

Al:bow:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Corsas are the rollocks!

Have had these on for a while and gave them a good thrashing at brands hatch. Had foot-pegs and all scraping on the track.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tyres

Thanks Guy`s,
Looks like it`s a toss up between Diablo Super Corsa`s or Pilot Power 2CT :duel:
I liked the old super corsa` are the Diablo`s similar?

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Thanks Guy`s,
Looks like it`s a toss up between Diablo Super Corsa`s or Pilot Power 2CT :duel:
I liked the old super corsa` are the Diablo`s similar?
Dave, trust us go for the Diablo's.....remember having confidents in your rubber is half the battle to good cornering (ooops back to the lady’s of the night again sorry) :rolling:

·
1,841 Posts
tyres

well i am fitting metzeler rennsports tomorrow 190/55 rear rs1 soft compound
they are very similar to super corsa pros. ie they are slicks with a little nick in the middle ! Only £189 for a pack of three. oops back to lady of the night again.:)
Just need some nice weather !!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is it diablo Super corsa or diablo corsa?:confused: :confused: Do they make a 190 rear??
Rennsport 3 pack from FWR tyres......good deal:clap: free carriage:clap: :clap: like the old Super corsa`s and I loved them on the Ap..lia I had:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another very good choice is Dunlop SportMax QUALIFIER.
Very good grip on hot tarmac, good grip on wet tarmac, last 2x as long as the Pirellis. And they're cheaper as well...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts