Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bow: Hi everyone heres a good one for you to help me sort out, what tyres do you recommend as replacements, i am thinking of possible bridgestone 020/021, avonazaro avs, or the dunlops d208, whats you opions .
Thanks NASTYF1

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tyres

HI,hECTOR,OK WHATS THE REASONS FOR THESE, ARE YOU A PRO MICH MAN, AS I HAVE ONLY EVER USED MICHS ONCE AND THEY WERE CRAP ADMITIDLY THEY WHERE THE MACADAMS
CHEERS NASTY:confused:

·
463 Posts
I changed from 208s to pilot powers about 2yrs ago and am now on my 2nd set although i will probably go for 2cts next time, just a superb tyre, quick warm up and loads of confidence (brisk road and track days):)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
2ct's are what I have on mine:D Great set of rubbers which will do nothing but inspire confidence;) Get yourself a set of these hoops and feel the difference yourself. I luv em:clap:

Al:p

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Pirelli Diablo corsa's for me - on my second set

The 1st set saved the bike when the front washed out by around a foot and before I could even say 'WTF' the front had found grip again without any input from me !

I like the Diablos alot now !
(But had dunlops on my previos bike and they were fine - no probs at all)

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 207 RR, s are done, 2500mls. I just bought Pirelli Corsa III, s will see how they perform. I had Pilot Powers on my Fireblade and they were great tyres , mileage and grip 5k on the back. Pirelli are doing an offer just now of buy a pair of Corsa 3 and get 40 quid back, if it was not for that offer i would have went for Pilot Power 2CT.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Power 2ct's are working great for me so far. And they seem to be lasting a lot better than the 207rr's that came on the bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tyres

Just replaced the original Dunlop's last Saturday with ordinary Pilot Power's (no 2CT); the best I've done to my Tornado. Grip and confidence in all conditions, it doesn’t matter if it's raining or not.
At the moment I don't even think about the 2CT.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tyres

I have a tre k and fitted Avon Storm which have stabilised the bike at speed and give a more comfortable ride but there is less feedback than Dunlops. I have Bridgestone 021's on another bike which are dual compound and very grippy on road,good feedback and comfortable ride. Continental Road Attack are grippy and reasonable when its good weather for ducks ie raining,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Nasty - I have to go with the majority here. I think the 2ct's are the way to go. I use to believe in the Pirelli's but I tried the 2ct's and I must say I loved them. Next I may try the M3's. Let us know what you decide.

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tyres

:) Thanks for all the replys, seams like the pilots or the 2ct are the way to go, so when ready one of these will be the choise, looks like the 021 are for my blackbird and not the sporty nelli
thanks
nasty

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nasty,
I've just bit the bullet and ordered a set of 2ct's for my tre. I have never had any other tyre apart from bridgestone so i'll let ya know how i get on. Fingers crossed! :rolling:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Pilot recall

For any of you with the pilots or 2cts, are you aware of the recall on fronts? Full page ad in Bike mag this month. They will replace them FOC regardless of wear.

Col

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Luckily, according to my Michelin distributor none of the ones he has received came from the offending factory (France) so I have no worries :clap:
mark in california

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I put on a set of 208RR's after Lloyd recommended them, and initial feelings are that they are very good, unfortunately I haven't had the chance to push them due to the well documented problems I am having at the moment with the bike.

Once summer arrives I will give them a good thrashing - the bike should be sorted by then aswell.

Roll on 31 August, when I have 2 weeks leave to enjoy the fine weather that this country has sadly been missing so far this year!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Just realised my tyres are getting close to the limit so all of a sudden this thread becomes more relevant ;-)

For those with the pilots / 2cts - what kind of mileage are you getting out of them? I am not a particularly aggressive rider, so maximum stickiness isnt a big thing for me. I have always gone for Avons in the past as they offer a good balance of grip in all conditions and last ages. However I have never used them on anything as sporty as the tre, so not sure if they are right for this bike.

Cheers

Col

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
I haven't had my 2ct's on for long enough to give a mileage figure, but I'm already past 3,000 and my riding buddy is past 4,000, and this is mostly pretty aggressive riding. Both sets of tires still show minimal wear. I'm thinking they're going to be good for well over 7,000 miles even under aggressive riding conditions. They have great grip too, otherwise we wouldn't be using them.
When I was running 208GPs or Pilot Power Race I was getting 3,000 miles until the tread was completely gone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts