Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just took delivery of 06 tornado , tyres are bit shot at . just wondering what make/model to replace with, dont mind price rather pay bit extra and be safe .:confused:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Lo Bud

Replaced mine with Mich 2 cts ( sport ) .... bit expensive but hell, do they change the ride. Had my 'Nelli' for 13 mnths and did 4 1/2 thou on the original Dunlops .... wish I changed them to Mich's a lot earlier.:D

Great tyre ... gets my vote ... Michelin sport 2ct's ..:clap:

:ele: :ele: :ele: :ele: :ele: :ele: :ele: :

·
Registered
404 Posts
BT016 - suit me, never had an issue on Track days or road riding

Shall we say you are safe with either 2CT or BT016

·
340 Posts
also on Qualifiers myself and did also very good on the track. Amazing improvement comparing to the OEM ones - 207RR

·
Registered
864 Posts
It all depends on how hard you ride the bike and how far you lean it over and what you use it for (track / road / ride in rain?) etc
Most tyres these days are pretty good.
The only thing to remember is stick to a set of Road tyres.. don't fit a set of supersport track tyres to it (unless of course you will only be tracking it at speed) but then again you probably wouldn't be asking this question then.
Modern generation Dunlops / Michelin / Pirelli / Bridgestone sporty road tyres are all excellent and will provide similar levels of grip. Diferent makes may have different profiles and this is something that is very much a personal preference.
Some tyres like the Bridgestone BT016 and Michelin Pilot Power 2CT have both triple and dual compound construction but to be fair unless you ride the bike hard and have the bike on it's side you will not experience any benefit over a BT014 or std Pilot Power. Save the cash
ust my 02 Cents worth

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
miches

i went for mich 2ct`s mate, had dunlops on my RS when i brought it, found that a 190 section tyre came up at 203mm!!! hense, it rubbed on the chain & wore the side wall away:mad: not good to have a tyre covered in chain lube. If i hadn`t gone for Michelins it would have been Bridgestones.

·
VIN#ten
136 Posts
Std size Metzeler Sportec M3 front and rear. Excellent:bow:, or as we use to say: Not bad.

p.s. if you ever come up here, pls remember that the idiots in road admin use pitch to patch tarmac to keep road bed not to take in water (it freezes in winter time and tarmac cracks). No tire will stick into that stuff when wet - almost like black ice. 6th gear 4krevs and spinnining when changing lane:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts