Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K.. trying to get my nelli on the road as a streetfighter till i get her fixed proper... so... what kind of wheel can i put on the front? what are teh specs for it does anyone know? i.e. the axel, hole pattern for disc.. whatever i need to know... also, what price would i be expecting for an origian 'nelli one?

Much thanks.
-Daniel

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Dan,
Where abouts are you in the country?
I might be able to help;)

Al:)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Dan,
Where abouts are you in the country?
I might be able to help;)

Al:)
You can't help him, you promised me those wheels you are currently running and were going to refit the originals back on your machine.

Don't you remember.... you said, 'Seeing Lloyd won the £50 for his ditty, you would give me those special wheels for second place!'

You did, honest.... and you were sober!

Andy

·
224 Posts
Marchesini makes both forged magnesium and forged aluminum 10 spoke wheel sets for the Benelli(s). Available in various colors.....

I believe Marvic makes some as well, but Im not 100% sure....

A good wheel shop should be able to adapt just about any type of wheel you want.....do some research in your local area for help....

Id be looking in the magazines for examples of the wheel types you may want....if you want to get really wild, you will most likely be making spacers and getting new sleeves and/or bearings for the wheels, you may also need to custom fit rotors and/or calipers with one off brackets...

I have done a number of these types of custom wheel changes n various bikes of mine....

If you cant turn a wrench the either get bolt on stuff or have a custom shop do the work for you so you dont die the first time you go riding...:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Al. Rockhampton, Queensland... Australia. Any help appreciated. :) thanks guys. I see one on EBay for AU$850... sound reasonable?

·
5,963 Posts
Used Front wheel (JohnnyO's old race wheel)

Once I found a reasonable shipping cost (£80) to ship to Oz, I put in a bid for the rear wheel on ebay UK. Bennet Motors outbid me, when my total cost reached AUD 600. I wasn't prepared to lose any more, just in case the UK gent decided to shaft me. (It's a bit difficult to sort that sort of thing out from ½ way round the world.)
The rear is more expensive than the front, but $850 is still a little high in my book, for something that, for me, is useful, but not essential.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Oh you mean the dymags that I have fitted to my bike Dave? For your information, they were £2110 per set I think. Bloody lovely though:):clap:

Al:bow:

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmm, carbon! *droool* hehe. as much as i'd love that, i'm chasing the cheapest option for the moment just so i got wheels.

:D:D:D

·
903 Posts
Ditto!

:p

You took the words right out of my mouth Al!:rolling:

Seriously though, I hope you have some good fortune soon and get a result with you bike. You deserve it!:)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Carbon wheels on a street bike are a very bad idea.
One pothole and your wheel is only good to put in the trash...
Wrong my fellow Tornado owner;) My carbon wheels exceed the standards that are set in the UK for the strength that your rims have to be;)
They also exceed the German standards that are set higher than those in the UK:D

Al:D

·
341 Posts
Was my understanding too, that the carbon rims are very fragile. Yet, on a Triumph Rocket III forum BST carbon fiber rims are discussed that should carry 590 kg, support wheelies of the fat lady and be strong enough for any kind of roads.

If anyone has more knowledge and first hand experience, I would be very happy to hear since I am not 100% convinced.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts