Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally Posted by DUre
So there I was rumbling along in my Freelander today just along from my house on the Alford - Aberdeen road, and coming towards me was a Tornado, (with another bike behind). That is honestly the first Tornado that I have seen in Scotland over I don't know how many years ..... myself, wife and son all shouted "Its a Benelli" at the same time ..... sad but true.

After seeing this posting by DUre, my 10 year old son said, 'hey dad, wouldn't it be good to know where all the Tornado's in Scotland are - I could do it for a school project'

Anyway, it got me thinking, and in the interests of my son's education (academic AND biking):) I thought that if we put a wee dot on the map we could 'map' out where we all are:clap:

I've made a red dot where I am to start

All help gratefully received

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Don't know if you are gonna hack off all the other owners that reside outwith Scotland with this one Steve but what the hell.........I'm only trying to help out with your son's education.:)

I lay claim to the Green and Silver dot ;)

Hey Al, if your going to sneek another dot next to mine, it better be a black one, unless you've cleaned that bike of yours lately. :rolling:

By the way Steve, how did you explain your Forum User Name to your son :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Whoosh ...... I am near a wee place called Dunecht. Just below the "a" in Grampian.

Would you be so kind as to put a wee dot for me on your map.

Cheers .....

·
5,929 Posts
We already have a Registry.

Why don't you use the forum registry?
It's already got Dure, Pinkpanther, Laurence, R1Convert & Allan McPherson.
If admin could add the bike details, you'd have it sorted.

You could see the rest of us as well. Could be a geography lesson in itself!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know if you are gonna hack off all the other owners that reside outwith Scotland with this one Steve but what the hell.........I'm only trying to help out with your son's education.:)

By the way Steve, how did you explain your Forum User Name to your son :confused:

Definitely no intention to antagonise or hack anybody off Laurence - I think this forum community is absolutely the very best that I've encountered, so apologies to anyone who lives outwith the kingdom of Scotland:bow: :D
Also didn't mean to exclude anyone south of the border - or further afield for that matter - but was just trying to make this a bit more manageable (and relevant to my son's question) especially with my very basic knowledge of computers, unlike your good self Laurence:bow:

As for the user name, I registered this in a moment of impulsivity based on something that was once said when a speeding bike 'whooshed' passed me and a group of mates, and I guess it just popped into my mind when registering.:doh:
Having been a member of the forum for a while now, I see this was misplaced:( and kinda regret the handle:bawl: My boy hasn't actually seen it, and as he is only 10, I wouldn't want him to, and realise that it also may cause soem offense to others, for which I apologies:eek:

Anyway, having now berated my self publicly, on a lighter note, Jazzy suggested http://www.frappr.com/ and Errol suggested the Forum Registry, both of which are top ideas:clap: so thanks for that guys.

Thought for today: Act in haste, repent at leisure

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoosh ...... I am near a wee place called Dunecht. Just below the "a" in Grampian.

Would you be so kind as to put a wee dot for me on your map.

Cheers .....
Which "a" in Grampian do you mean - they're about 100 miles apart :rolling:

I know Dunecht well DUre - Lovely wee place which I often passed through when out for a run when I lived in the Granite city prior to moving North. Maybe you, me and Scotland could get together for a blast sometime - 3 Tornado's in Aberdeenshire, now that would be a sight:clap:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Add a dot for me in Drumoak... a small village between Aberdeen and Banchory on the North Deeside Road (A93). On the scale of map you've got it will probably overlap DUre!

DUre...reckon we must hold the record for the closest Tre neighbours. We must be less than 15mins apart.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
how do you get on?

Why don't you use the forum registry?
It's already got Dure, Pinkpanther, Laurence, R1Convert & Allan McPherson.
If admin could add the bike details, you'd have it sorted.

You could see the rest of us as well. Could be a geography lesson in itself!
I'VE been registered sice last year . how do you get your dot on the map:doh: Could you help lawrence:bow:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm just outside Dunfermline in a wee village named Crossford - about 2 miles to the west of Dunfermline.

Happy to add myself to frappr if anyone cares to setup a new map ?

T

·
Registered
512 Posts
FAO TerryT

I was brought up in Dunfermline and I have family who now live in Crossford...mum just off the Main St and my sister and her family up in knockhouse hill way.

Try to come down every couple of months to see everyone. Lovely place to live.

jeez its a small world...hope you're a Pars fan!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mr Whoosh and Mr Scotland .... Not long now until the Braemar chippy opens back up for Sunday sausage ... (that sounds wrong, but you know what I mean) .... That would be a good place to meet up for a blast back to Aberdeen.

Its a long way for Mr Laurence .... so maybe we could meet with him at one of the Knockhill rounds ......

I am in the process of getting my LE fairing re-painted ...... (only a couple of chips, but what the hell), so it will be a few weeks before that is pushed out of it's winter slumber.

I have other bikes that I will be using once we get into April, but for sure we should do something to raise the profile of Benelli in the North East of Scotlandshire :)

But before all that I have to run off to Libya for a couple of weeks working and then off to Morocco to thrash some KTM enduro over the Atlas Mountains .... always a good way to start the biking year.

Cheers ......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry Terry .... did not mean to miss you out there ..... what about a Knockhill track day. I can arrange some shovels and a wheel barrow (like last year) ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dure... no problem ... wheelbarrow and shovel/spade might be a good idea -- last time (and only time) I did a trackday at knockhill I put one of their CBR 600s in the kitty litter at duffus dip... was about 6-7 years ago -- so hopefully my riding has improved a little since then (although I would'nt bet on it)..

Scotland... I'm a relative newcomer to Dunfermline/Crossford .. been here 5 years now -- spent the first 25-26 in Edinburgh... my wife lived along the road in Carnock while growing up... I'm on Woodlands Drive -- not far from your mum or sister !

If your down this way - feel free to pop-in and talk all things Benelli / bikes in general !

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I'VE been registered since last year . how do you get your dot on the map:doh: Could you help lawrence:bow:
If you mean the Registry map Tony, you have to complete a Registry Entry. Just click this link 'Submit your Benelli to the registry >'. Select your bike model, then complete all the fields and your done.:clap:

However, I have not found the placement of the dots to be very accurate on this map. I'm located in Edinburgh but it has placed me perilously close to that country they call 'England'. :bawl: You have been warned!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If you mean the Registry map Tony, you have to complete a Registry Entry. Just click this link 'Submit your Benelli to the registry >'. Select your bike model, then complete all the fields and your done.:clap:

However, I have not found the placement of the dots to be very accurate on this map. I'm located in Edinburgh but it has placed me perilously close to that country they call 'England'. :bawl: You have been warned!!!!:rolleyes:
Thanks mate all done , :clap: but your right about the placement:doh: never mind :) Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Apologies to the rest of the World!!! :p

If anybody else wants adding on, just shout.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Mines green/silver and i'am just to the left of grimsby on that light green road :clap: cheers mate.:)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Done Tony:)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts