Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was laid in bed this morning pondering the questions of the universe when I got to wondering where the romance in life disappears to!

When you first meet someone new, it's all tingly and exciting.
For the first six months you wander around with a permanent semi hard-on in your pants all the time.
The next 18 months are, well, sort of not bad.
But then, after about two years, it all goes a bit flat.

It's 'Do you want a bit of nookie tonight?' to which you find yourself replying 'Can't you see I'm lubing my chain here' or 'I'm just topping up my fork oil'

Is it me, or does the romance have to die?

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
It's just you Roly. Remember, life isn't measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many times it is taken away.

Keep that little saying with you at all times matey and the romance will always be there:D

Al:eek:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was laid in bed this morning pondering the questions of the universe when I got to wondering where the romance in life disappears to!

When you first meet someone new, it's all tingly and exciting.
For the first six months you wander around with a permanent semi hard-on in your pants all the time.
The next 18 months are, well, sort of not bad.
But then, after about two years, it all goes a bit flat.

It's 'Do you want a bit of nookie tonight?' to which you find yourself replying 'Can't you see I'm lubing my chain here' or 'I'm just topping up my fork oil'

What you've described there isnt romance...its desire. Its ok not to desire the same person every night/day in a relationship...its normal. The relationship wouldnt really function fully if it was just based on sex.
As the saying goes "show me the best looking woman in the world, and i'll show you the boyfriend thats bored of her". Amend as applicable.

Staying happy and excited long term is about being glad you've found the person you're with and appreciating them, and the joy they bring to your life. If you dont have that.... then either you're taking it all for granted, or they arent bringing joy to your life.

Most people stay in relationships they arent really fulfilled in because they dont want to be alone or lonely, or thought of by others as alone or lonely.
Its a self-limiting reason, but very deep rooted.

Remember why you're with the person you're with....if its just sex and you're bored,or you're with a "trophy partner" then its time to move on...they deserve better than that. If you arent really fulfilled emotionally, its time to look deeper into the relationship and decide why you're still in it. The bored person is usually the one not making much effort-generalisation so dont take offence :)

http://www.spike.com/video/straight-eye-for/2480925

·
Registered
148 Posts
My now ex :)( ) once said to me , actually just before she dumped me for a woman (yup!) , "If being in a relationship doesn't somehow enhance the lives of the people in the relationship, it's time to leave".
And she did.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
My now ex :)( ) once said to me....it's time to leave".
And she did.
...is that why your a "Jolly" Jewller then :rolling:

·
Registered
513 Posts
My now ex :)( ) once said to me , actually just before she dumped me for a woman (yup!) , "If being in a relationship doesn't somehow enhance the lives of the people in the relationship, it's time to leave".
And she did.

Good thread quite deep for us lol btw looking back isn't it strange the way that the best sex was always with the ones you didnt want to stay with?

Mark
very universal thread this one goes both ways,bats with both hands erm them and us ermmm......you know what I mean :)

·
I love Big Al!
23 Posts
I was on a promise the other night.

All was going OK ... I said ' You've still got a cute bottom '

And then I bloody spoiled it by adding ' It's not gone saggy like the rest of you '

Well .........:doh:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I was on a promise the other night.

All was going OK ... I said ' You've still got a cute bottom '

And then I bloody spoiled it by adding ' It's not gone saggy like the rest of you '

Well .........:doh:

I always thought Gay men had it easier than the rest of us I mean we have to deal with Females !!!

1. who don't say what they mean
2. mean what they say
3. don't say what they want...
4. etc

Mark :clap:
I did find a good un thou :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Having been married for a while I can see where you are coming from, Mark, but it really isn't that easy being a gay man either.
I've certainly known rather a few neurotic and paranoid gay guys!!!

I suppose that it must be very much easier these days to meet other like-minded guys with the advent of internet chat rooms and the like but in the past it was a very hit and miss affair.
Generally speaking, most gay relationships are built upside down. You meet because you share the same sexual desires but more often than not have nothing in common whatsoever.
Most straight relationships are founded on something solid; shared work, shared hobbies, shared friends etc. You become friends first and then, hopefully romance develops from that.
I suppose that is why so many gay relationships fail though, like you Mark, I eventually found a good one. We have known each other for 30 years (I was a driving instructor, he came to me for lessons!) and we have lived together for 19 years.

But the romance does fizzle out a bit :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I suppose that is why so many gay relationships fail though, like you Mark, I eventually found a good one. We have known each other for 30 years (I was a driving instructor, he came to me for lessons!) and we have lived together for 19 years.

But the romance does fizzle out a bit :mad: :mad: :mad:
Relationships do take effort thou ,there is a song from Meet Joe black its called 'Whisper of a thrill' it sums up that spark for me.But I do think you could never survive that state of excitement all of the time .Remember your first heartbreak could you really go through that with every break up.....? Maybe we go numb with every experience we have which dulls the feelings next time we fall....But there is more to a quality relationship its the stability,trust and honesty.So in all I do feel lucky not the most exciting I've ever had but the best for real reasons

Mark

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
What a lot of old Cobblers, Shag em all thats my Motto, Romance is not wiping you knob on their curtains & safe sex means dont give them your phone number :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
512 Posts
What a lot of old Cobblers, Shag em all thats my Motto, Romance is not wiping you knob on their curtains & safe sex means dont give them your phone number :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Lee that gets my nomination for post of the year
(narrowly beating Al with either his baked potato or "up the farter" stories)
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
513 Posts
With a pocketful of Sterident you can take on the world lol

Mark
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Someone always has to lower the tone :(
Fluffy my old mate, you aint seen me lower the tone, i tried all that romance lark once, i knicked the ex Mrs Windsor a bunch of flowers from the grave yard when i was pissed one night......she was well pleased until she read the card that said "Missed by all & never forgotten" ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts