Benelli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and a new Benelli owner of a 2013 TNT R160.

I love the bike but it has some issues that need attending to.

It is currently at my mechanics, and I am helping him to source the parts we need.

I need to source the following parts:

1. Sprag Clutch (because the bike stalls when very hot and is difficult to restart)
2. Water Pump repair kit (because there is a small coolant leak)
3. Cylinder base gasket and cylinder head casket kit (because there is an oil leak when the bike sits on its side stand)

We have emailed Maniac Motors in Germany and are awaiting there response.

Can anyone suggest an alternative parts supplier ? or maybe you have these parts for sale.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and a new Benelli owner of a 2013 TNT R160.

I love the bike but it has some issues that need attending to.

It is currently at my mechanics, and I am helping him to source the parts we need.

I need to source the following parts:

1. Sprag Clutch (because the bike stalls when very hot and is difficult to restart)
2. Water Pump repair kit (because there is a small coolant leak)
3. Cylinder base gasket and cylinder head casket kit (because there is an oil leak when the bike sits on its side stand)

We have emailed Maniac Motors in Germany and are awaiting there response.

Can anyone suggest an alternative parts supplier ? or maybe you have these parts for sale.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Joe
Hi Joe,
Hot start problems are usually down to the Z25 gear and shaft . But can also be solved by thicker cables to starter motor .
Sprag clutch usually makes a horrendous mechanical sound while cranking.

Water pump can be taken apart easily and seals refreshed with grease . Any casing faces clean then re apply instant gasket , but use sparingly .

Head and barrel leak . ... Obviously this is important too so have a chat with Alex at maniac motors in Germany they can get the parts you need .
Also give Bennett's in the UK a try.
While your bike is at mechanics get him to physically check and inspect the starter motor brushes too. God help if they crumble and fail ... Mine killed my ECU !
All the best Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joe,
Hot start problems are usually down to the Z25 gear and shaft . But can also be solved by thicker cables to starter motor .
Sprag clutch usually makes a horrendous mechanical sound while cranking.

Water pump can be taken apart easily and seals refreshed with grease . Any casing faces clean then re apply instant gasket , but use sparingly .

Head and barrel leak . ... Obviously this is important too so have a chat with Alex at maniac motors in Germany they can get the parts you need .
Also give Bennett's in the UK a try.
While your bike is at mechanics get him to physically check and inspect the starter motor brushes too. God help if they crumble and fail ... Mine killed my ECU !
All the best Rick
Thank you Rick

Really appreciate your feedback.

I will talk to my mechanic.

Thanks
Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts