Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· More fun than a KLR650
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two days ago Francesca developed a bit of a cough.

TreK1130, Denso injectors, new coils, running the TREK105 map. Throttle restrictors out, butterfly out, all work done at about 1800 miles. We're now up to 5000 and change and due for some remedial work. This might be her way of letting me know we're overdue.

Rode in to work (18 mi) the normal way, all is good. Started up to go home after the day, all is good. Francesca gets warmed up, and suddenly she's loping. She'll idle, but it's like she's missing a plug. Power is FINE above 2000 RPM and if it weren't for the hesitation at idle I'd say nothing was wrong.

Problem was back the next morning (shocker!); basically she starts up just fine, idles just fine, then hits that "okay, I'm warmed up" place and blugga blugga blugga. Rips ass good'n'proper up the freeway, noticing no problems whatsoever at speed, but you take your hand fully off the throttle and blugga blugga blugga.

Turned on the "make me go slower" button and the idle is fine. In other words, switching out of that map and the idle's back.

Have I "burned in" the fuel injectors or something? What should I check? I'll have my first chance to slap TuneECU on her tomorrow. I'll probably change out the map and bring the fuel injectors up to 1.000 (think they're at .995 right now) but I'm open to any suggestions as to what else to look at.

Thanks, all!

· Super Moderator
7,554 Posts
Maybe your map has become corrupted or it could be a stuck stepper motor or a coil breaking down.

· More fun than a KLR650
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe your map has become corrupted or it could be a stuck stepper motor or a coil breaking down.
Coils have like 2000 miles on them, though, and they're not the OEMs. And wouldn't that mean it would be acting up all the time, not just at idle?

Totally going to reload the map to see what happens. Totally going to be annoyed if the stepper decided to take a crap after 4000 miles in LOS ANGELES. I mean, it's not like the thing is in a harsh climate.

Appreciate the tips, Laurence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.