Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am currently considering an aftermarket can to replace the dustbin sized one that is standard on the RS. Options are
1) Genuine Benelli race can At £459 from KJM ...looks about the same size tho' but obviously designed to work with the bike

2) Leo Vince titanium - bespoke can but a bit pricey at £619. Supposed to be high level but in reality is just kicked up at the back...can't decide whether it looks cool or not !! All pipework titanium to justify the daft price tag !!

3) Blue flame can - would like the EVO 3 in carbon to go with the black of the RS but they are out of production due to delamination problems on the triangular corners which means I'd have to go for a plain titanium EVO 3 or an oval one in carbon. Cheapest at about £300. Shorter than the rest too...

Anyone got any views on which one would be best ??

Dave H

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Which Aftermarket Can ? Anyone got experience of Blue Fl

Hi Dave,

Thought that I would do a web search on 'Tornado Exhaust' to see what would come up and guess what I found....

Could be a bit of a bugger to fit though

Link

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Which Aftermarket Can ? Anyone got experience of Blue Fl

You bugger Laurence ..... nearly choked on my JD and coke there:lol
Still, can you imagain the speeds you reach with those babies fitted:eek :lol

Al8)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Race cans

Cheers Spud..interesting statistic....at least one out of three Benelli forum users proves helpful.....!!

Never heard of Beowulf ...have been on their web site but they don't list the Tre as a mainstream fitment. May check out the Ebay vendors tho' as they are only 10 miles down the road from where I live.

Dave H

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Race cans

Happy to help - I'd be intrested in any extra info or details you get :eek

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Race cans

'Ere Dave

Keep us informed...I've seen quite a few Beowulf cans around but always thought that they were ....how can I put this..... a cheap and not so cheerful make.

I would love to be proved wrong as I quite fancy replacing my 6 tonne standard RS can......plus it'd be nice to have one that goes with the black frame too.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beowulf

Just spoken to Beowulf coz I could nt wait.

Heres the rub:

Cans for the RS only (aparently)
Good to go next week, gotta sort out the jig to do link pipe

Stainless £130
Black powder coated Stainless £140
Couloured Ti £190

No need to remap with or without baffles

Lifetime guarantee includes free repacking service (recommended every 2 years)

Road legal with BS stamp

Comes with exhaust surround rubber hanger bit thingy

I think thats about it

I've asked them to mail me when they are actually good to go so I'll keep you informed

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just thought

I haven't looked but I presume the std end can just unclipslike most other bikes....and you dont have to saw it off?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oooooooooooo!!!

Sorry Dave:( ,

I wasn't trying to spoil your post. I just thought that pic might make others smile:D

Thanks for your response Al, we must have a similar sense of humour (but we must try harder to only make serious comments on the forum in future;) )

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Oooooooooooo!!!

Hi Dave, I think I just replied to you on ebay lol

Goodluck with your race can though

Dean100yz

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beowulf......??

Beowulf.....Cheap and cheerful...that's my concern,
The ad on Ebay claims a 16% power gain !!!! I find that almost impossible to believe...if it's true then the Beowulf R&D bods need a pat on the back. I am also sceptical that a straight through race can would need no remapping to work properly. The pics on Ebay do look good tho'....the flamed stainless suits the yellow RS a treat.

As a matter of interest, I called round at PA Motorcycles this morning to find the place locked despite advertising opening hours of between 10am and 6pm on Fridays...could be fate I suppose!

Will watch this space with interest,

Oh and Laurence...don't lose any sleep, my warped sense of humour...still generated some interest eh !!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Beowulf......??

Dave

I have no experience of Beowulf but I did get Akros cans on my Factory.....they needed no remapping

Ran fine

I reckon even coz the Nelli are set up rich...should be OK...but there no science in that

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
arrow can

For anyone interested, I have two new original Benelli Arrow Ti-cans that would like to be used in their life time. Price is GBP 350 or better EUR 500 each. They are both EPA & EC approved.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Beowulf can

:hat
Sorry lads, that can looks PANTS!!! It really does look like an aftermarket pattern can, cheap & not so cheerful. :( If I was to replace mine I would like to replace it with something that looks a bit classy.

Just my opinion though, don't cane me for it! :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

dave,
Im afraid i go along with lloyd.....and as far as a 16% increase in power....well i think thats what is commonly known as what comes out of a cows arse:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
please keep us informed of which way you go as i think there are alot of people interested in changing from the standard can..............good luck and to reiterate your original question has anyone got any opinions on the blue flame can!!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

As a matter of interest, Beowulf are sending me the Dyno print out apparently.

Can someone host it as I obviously am too stoopid...hence the perpetual red X next to my name. As soon as I get itI can send it to someone....then we can all have a good look at what they say it can (geddit....groan) do

Tsk tsk

:)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

If you send it to my email I will post it on here nick,if it gives16% increase in power we will have about the same power as the new 1130cc!!!!!
Has anyone ever been brave enough to have there bike dynoed ?? If any one has can we all see the printout ????:rollin :lol >D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Hi, Re the cans issue-i've just brought in a Sato from Japan & BRAVE/STUPID manouvre of my year...i,m away to get the RS dyno'd. Taking the std can-my Benelli Sport titanium can (no baffle tube & since deriveting NO packing now either)-the Sato carbon.
Will post a copy of the results when done-i think i can get an overlay graph showing all 3 on the same chart.
Hope to god the bike doesn't blow up!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts