Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, my tyres need replacing (after only 2,000 miles) currently have Dunlops but which tyres do you all use?. Michelin seems to be popular at the moment. Normal riding, no track days and maybe the missus on the back for a weekend spin now and again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pilot Power's 2CT is what I'll be sticking on mine but I reckon you should be fine with .... wait a minute! Did you say that you take the missus on the back:eek :eek Do you have no shame man:rollin

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tyres

Yes have you no shame sir??

I'm sure your missus has a lovely rear but it surely detracts from the lovely sculpted lines of Mr Mortons tail section?:D

Yes I'm pissed and rightly so, came back from work via a lovely little off ramp at Quy on the A14.....as close as your gonna get to the corkscrew at Laguna Seca on public roads.....cut lanes hitting a cats eye, whole bike shuddered and squirmed :eek:
Ive still got the bite marks on my saddle to bear witness:eek

Got home, really hot tyres, 20 psi!!!!!!:eek

Cooled them down 10 psi :eek :eek :eek

Only came back from the shop on Weds!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TYRES

Hi Legend,
I'm with Al on this one-Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs are really good; only other one to put in the frame would be Pirelli Diablo (new Diablo 3 out this month with dual compound but hey for road use std version is ace)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: TYRES

Dunlop Qualifier, I find them really good. Could only compare to the original wooden original 207 RR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: TYRES

I've just removed a set of Pilot Powers. Started off great, but the front gradually lost grip to the point where I couldn't trust it anymore. It still had maybe 1000km left, but after 10 months & 11,000km, I should really have dumped it at 8000, which still would have been a good effort I guess.
The rear never even hinted at letting go.

The set of Pirelli Diablo Stradas that I now have are quite simply briliant. Only done a thousand so far, and probably wont equal the Michelins for distance, but the grip is astounding.

Ask again in another 6 months.

Ah yes. I took my missus for a lap around the block some months ago, and she spent most of the time perched between the 2 seats. She hated it.

(That's one problem solved!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts