Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there recommend some cans and sites for me to make my mind up changing the std can?
At the moment i,ve found blue flame do some nice reasonably priced cans that look nice.The sound is very important to me also and i like carbon fibre.
Do yoshimura do the cyclone for it?:confused:
Any advice very welcome!:bow:

·
3,085 Posts
Benelli sport can by Arrow

perfect fit, is Eu legal if you leave the bung in, common sense and road safety legal if you take it out, I have seen them on Ebay, www.italobike.de under the market section and www.slider.it uner the benelli, and Branbant motor can properly source one for you and I would expect Benelli UK. The Leo Vince one sits to high and looks as if itwould melt the rear right blinker. I cant believe the weight of mine on the RS, featherweight :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arrow

Cheers ausie,can you upload any pics of them?:bow:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arrow

I see you like ducati's as well then! The Arrow looks good and so does your "shed!" Mines a wooden one!
Thank's for the info,cant wait to pick mine up tomorrow.Shame i dont live in australia to ride it!:(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Benelli Race Can

Hi.

Remus do a stubby can which Russ at Benetts or Remus cna do directly but you will need a link pipe at extra cost and a remap. If you look on the photos from Manchester G Mex you will see the Bennetts motorcycles race bike which has the can on it.

My personal preference would be the titanium Benelli Sport one even it is slight more expensive.

Russ at Benetts can give the details of the Remus can.

Regards

NickPTre900

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Hi.

Remus do a stubby can which Russ at Benetts or Remus cna do directly but you will need a link pipe at extra cost and a remap. If you look on the photos from Manchester G Mex you will see the Bennetts motorcycles race bike which has the can on it.

My personal preference would be the titanium Benelli Sport one even it is slight more expensive.

Russ at Benetts can give the details of the Remus can.

Regards

NickPTre900
You're joking right?

Is that the longer one of the two that have appeared on this forum. If so I believe this one comes complete with removable baffle.

If your right, I can see my credit card getting a spanking!

Andy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Exhausts

You're joking right?

Is that the longer one of the two that have appeared on this forum. If so I believe this one comes complete with removable baffle.

If your right, I can see my credit card getting a spanking!

Andy
Hi Andy.

When your other half sees the credit card statement you may be the one on the punishment list. Joking apart. When you add £265 + 65 for the link pipe + dyno time for remap you are not saving much over the Benelli titanium can (although any Benelli customers that have had any problems and have not sought legal advice and mentioned trading standards should get this for free!!) But having seen it on Russ at Bennetts race bike photos it does looks (Remus) superb!!. Maybe if you talk nicely to KJM or Russ you may get a chance to hear both. But considering that when I visited my mother last Sunday her flat is 200 yards from parking area and she could not hear the TV over the 'standard' Arrow exhaust. It depends on whether you like the 'points make prizes' philosophy. Better still if you win the lottery Saturday night have both!!

Best wishes

NickPTre900

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Nick, many thanks for replying...

Point 1 - What other half? I have a framed piece of paper framed on my wall that says Decree Absolute 5th January 2007:clap:

Point 2 - More seriously, I have heard the 'longer' pipe has removable baffles, and would be the can I am looking at.

Thanks all the same!

Andy

·
903 Posts
Youtube video

:p

:hiya: Philbrian, the video was made by Colintornado. The can looks awful with the Beowulf sticker on it so Colin removed it.
I was not a fan of the can at first but it looks much better without the sticker. Colin informs me that the can is considerably lighter the the Benelli one.

I will let him know you have asked about it.

·
1,841 Posts
Exhaust

HI, PHILBRIAN, The little video you watched is a picture of my rs,but the sound is actually the works Benelli tornado ! it is a 120 degree firing order,so unfortunatly we wont be able to make ours sound the same very easily !! my bike has the beowulf as lloyd said. I will try and get a good video with sound soon,there is a little clip of my real sound on youtube. I was just playing around testing youtube:doh:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm loving the sound of the works bike - it sounds more v-twin than the standard bike,I think. Shame ours can't sound like that. :( Do you know if there is much difference in sound with the BlueFlame pipe? Although the logo would be coming off that one too - it looks shite!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Blue Flame

I have fitted the Blue flame evo 3 to my TRE and it sounds the dogs dangly bits also had bike in for service on Tuesday and Glen at KJM remapped bike to match the pipe and I would say that there seems to be quite a few more ponies available to play with, the down side is that you have to feed these ponies and fuel consumption seems to have suffered a little (its the price you pay for fun).
Took the bike to the Carbeth Inn on Wednesday night (popular bikers pub just outside Glasgow) and the guys said they heard me coming for several miles and commented that as well as having one of the best looking bikes I now have the best sounding.
Will try to find a way to record bike and post for a listen, and with the pipe being tri oval it also blends in well with the rest of the bike.
Will try to get a few pics up as well

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blue flame?

Hi,R1 convert,Where did you get your blue flame and link pipe from? KJM? The only way i can find to buy an exhaust for my rs is get an r6 system as they have a 52mm link pipe but not sure if it would work.Anyone out there tryed it or got any numbers i can ring to get a sexy exhaust can? Max price about 300quid??
Please Help:confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
which race can

R1 Convert and ColinTornado... have you had a chance to record the sounds of your Beowulf and Blueflame racecans on your Tornados yet? :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a little addition to the above post.

The sound it makes stood revving like that does nothing for the sound when screaming along..

The can with the induction roar sounds phenomenal....

·
1,841 Posts
exhaust sounds

I have not done a proper recording yet, I will try and get one soon. Ill get a mate to video a pull away and a ride past.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts