Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have recently read of some of you guys, mainly in the U.S. of A, not having much luck with your local dealer, however, I purchased my bike from KJM, Wigan and my experience with them was Excellent, but saying that, they are nearly 80 miles up the dreaded M6, which is a little Shite, So I have had a look who my "Local" dealers are, they turn out to be either up the M6 to D&K motorcycles Or down the M5 to Streffords, as I have not yet had dealings with either, has anyone had dealings with either of these ?

You also have to remember I am not a "hands on" type of guy, I know how to do the basics, check the Oil, Water Fluids, Chain etc, but thats about it. I could use a more local bike shop but would like to use someone who knows Benelli's !

Any thoughts ? :bow:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
i'm sat in streffords as we speak on the 3G data card. Having some tyres fitted. Good, small family owned garage.

Just had it serviced last week, and FYI they told me that the PDI wasn't carried out properly (it came from MotoGB), there was dry joints on the electrics, the oil filter was too tight, the sump plug washer was missing.

They also put in the later map whilst it was here and are sorting out my warranty items. So far so good.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have heard some horror storiea about DK but don,t think I should pass them on for fear of reprisals. needless to say stay away. KJM are great alex is a star:bow:

Millenium in St Helens are good too but they just send your nelli to KJM. But then they are the same company all owned by Moto GB.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Go to the best dealer in the UK.... Bennett's in Barnsley, and only 88 miles from Walsall. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had it serviced last week, and FYI they told me that the PDI wasn't carried out properly (it came from MotoGB), there was dry joints on the electrics, the oil filter was too tight, the sump plug washer was missing.

hi, sounds like the dealer has invented those problems, iv been in the bike job over 30 years and never known a sump washer to be missing, it more than likely was stuck to the engine and dropped into the mechanics oil pan, the bikes come with the oil filter fitted from the factory so if its tight on pdi and not leaking there is absolutely no need for the supplying dealer to mess with it, the electrical joints are dry for a reason - they are meant to be any liquid between contact can create a tiny spark and fry an ecu or rectifier etc, hope thats cleared a few things up for you all.

·
1,841 Posts
dry joint

sclizer, they may have been refering to a solder DRYJOINT
A joint which is poorly formed is often called a "dry joint". Usually it results from dirt or grease preventing the solder from melting onto the parts ...
I cant see this being part of a PDI inspection either though !
ps I ve lost many washers when they got stuck to the case..

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Heard mixed things about Streffords on here. I am in Solihull so for me they would be by far the most convenient, but I bought the bike from Bennetts and have not used or wanted to use any other dealer since. Trust me the extra peace of mind you get with not having your "bullshitometer" go off when you are dealing with them is a breath of fresh air. Its a 220 mile round trip for me and worth every mile :D Some examples of why:
- Fuelling problem which most people say you just live with - Russ spent many hours on it and, whilst it aint perfect (what nelli is!), it is almost so, and I have full confidence that its had the best chance.
- 2 of its trips there and back were in their van for no cost when he was trying to sort out the problem under warranty
- Panels replaced under warranty, twice, including 2 new matching ones when only one was really an issue
- Duff battery replaced under warranty, even though most dealers would tell you that isnt covered.
- Parts I had bought fitted for no extra cost when i dropped the bugger
- Organised for the mirror to be sprayed for the same reason - at no charge as russ was getting some stuff sprayed already
- Reasonable and fair servicing costs, and you know they do what they say they will do.
- The most knowledgable people about Benellis you are likely to find.

I am in danger of taking over Kurt's role as Bennetts advertiser, but I have got to say I have been on the forums for over a year and never heard a single bad word said about them so its not just me.

Col

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
All That (Borat) Colin Said regarding Bennetts - DITTO !!!! .

How many dealers do you know that would work so hard to see goodwill warranty work done on a bike they didnt sell ? - The answer is only one BENNETTS. Thanks to russ/team for his work on my Tornado.
I know for you they are not near but then wouldnt it be more frustrating trusting your bike to a local and know they havent put their dedication in it whereas bennetts are dedicated to all things Benelli .

Hope after all the positives you've received that this helps :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I am in danger of taking over Kurt's role as Bennetts advertiser, but I have got to say I have been on the forums for over a year and never heard a single bad word said about them so its not just me.

Col
I need to review my franchise fees if you are advertising them also Col !! :doh: :rolling:

Bennetts are great - I took my bike to a different dealer in Yorkshire before I found Bennetts - what a mistake that was !!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Millenium in St Helens are good too but they just send your nelli to KJM. But then they are the same company all owned by Moto GB.
I visited Millenium at end of April to enquire whether they could re-map my Tornado to suit the factory Ti pipe that I'd bought 2nd hand. They suggested if I left it with them for 3 days that they would see if they could sort it. Also suggested that I should've bought the Ti can from them and they have done the job!!
Needless to say I 've not been back.

I know for you they are not near but then wouldnt it be more frustrating trusting your bike to a local and know they havent put their dedication in it whereas bennetts are dedicated to all things Benelli .
After a phone call to Rusty Russ and he made the time and I made a 90 mile run. 15min job well sorted :)
I was so impressed by him that the Tornado has since been back for a full service and new tyres. Credit where credit is due, superb personal service :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
sclizer, they may have been refering to a solder DRYJOINT

I cant see this being part of a PDI inspection either though !

Good point! The only thing is there arent any soldered joints - they are all crimped and push fitting.
beep beep beep beep....

whats that sound?

Ah, its the bullshitometer :rolling: I rest my case!

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Kurt are you taking my Job as chief sales advisor for Russ:rolling:

I will never take any bike let alone the nelli to anywhere else than Bennetts. They have serviced all my mates bike from R1's to KTM's all have had excellent service.

Just for an instance i had a problem with oil weeping fron a gasket, called in at Russ's and he fitted a new gasket there and then FOC.

Just looking for new rubber for the Trek and called SMC in sheffield who offer a ride in ride out service. Ordered tyres, went down at the appointed time and waited for an hour and half to be told they could not get the front wheel off because it's a funny fitting "what a set a wankers" :doh: needless to say its booked in with Russ for the wheels removing and he is taking the loose wheels round to National Tyres to have the pre-ordered tyres fitted.

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
apologies, i seem to have confused a few people :doh:

it was pdi'd and also had the first service carried out in preston, this is how i presume the sump plug washer came to be missing and the oil filter was too tight as they were both disturbed during the first service.

With regards to the dry joint, i'm refering to the electrical connector on the lhs of the bike by the front sprocket. Streffords put grease on this connector as it is exposed to the elements

Hope this clarifies :eek:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Learn to spanner yourselves boys.... that way you know it's done just the way you like.....

Goes a bit like this.... Gagage (fully carpeted) ;) tea / coffee facilities, settee!, sounds, beer fridge, Hydraulic ramp, compressor, stocked tool chest, parts washer, laptop, bead breaker, static balencer etc etc.... oh and for those of you with a wife / young children... a good excuse for escapism!! :D

Otherwise take it to a good dealer! :bow:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts