Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have spent the last week riding both my Tornado and my MV Agusta F4 and I have to tell you they are worlds apart.

The MV is both more refined and the same time more commited. It has sensational fueling, smooth power delivery, asthetics galore, a fantastic noise from the pipes, and it exudes class. It has a fairly extreme riding position and is more difficult to get into and out of corners. Having said that, it is also difficult to make it get out of shape during a corner...stable and planted is what I would call it.

The Nelli is, for lack of a better word, very industrial. It is beautiful no one can deny that. It has many sounds that clink and clank in its running and is about as refined as a ******* at a cowpie throwing contest. The fueling is a bit snatchy and we do have those occaional stalls and such. Neutral is a bugger even with the mods. The build quaility is suspect and longevity is untested. That being said, it turns in like a banshee, accelerates like there is no tommorrow and has the freaking best induction noise this side of a great shag with Angelina Jolie! The color (green/silver on mine) is amazing even if the paint work on some have had problems. The underseat fans still make me stare and the bike is different from ever other jap bike out there.

They both draw stares and questions wherever I go although the Nelli seems to get a bit more attention. They both get my blood flowing.

They both accomplish the same thing but in dratiscally different ways. The MV is a refined gentleman in a smoking jacket with a martini while the Nelli is a 250 lb bouncer at a strip joint with a cold beer and an attitude.

If I had to choose one....well...Whats the cover charge tonight, how much are beers, are are there any rules I shouldn't violate for fear of an ass woopin?

:bow:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thats why its been so hard for me to be without my Tre since Nov last year seven months without my bike have been so hard. The Tre has a character this is something that makes some bikes very special and rise above the hum drum jap masses not many have it but those that do move the soul

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Johnny, for me that choice is so simple. I just about fit on the nelli and won't fit on an MV in a month of Sundays LOL
So I guess it's the green and silver dolly bird for me :p ....she's def no 250lb bouncer!!

ditch both and get a Britten V1100. :D
Fair comment, I have the DVD of the John Britten Story. Very impressive man and a huge loss to biking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts