Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To not drag the other topic further off-topic, ill repost it here

It seems you cannot increase the idle of the bike? I asked my dealer to increase the idle to 3000 rpm (bike is used on the track only) but he told me that the ecu automatically sets the idle value to the optimal one, so you cannot override it manually, it ll just restore it to what it was. Now why cant i change this on this bike, whilst nearly every other sportsbike outthere can have its idle speed set at whatever you want by just turning a screw?

And i am not going to buy a muchos dineros tuneboy for the sole purpose of adjusting the idle :bawl:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have an idle adjuster from Benelli for the TNT that came with the fan upgrade kit.
I`m sure that it would fit the Tre......I will check the part number and post it tomorrow for you.

·
5,899 Posts
You can increase the idle revs with Tuneboy and Axione tools. I've had mine increased (slightly).
Just how the TNT manual adjuster works is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If your dealer has an Axone he can adjust the idle. He may not know how to but he would have the tool to do it with.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He told me they can increase it, but that the computer decreases it automatically later on because it auto-adjusts :doh:

·
5,899 Posts
Tuneboy can do it. It's done as part of the map. You can set the rev dependant on temperature. The 6033 map uses 2000rpm at -10 to -4C, 1900 @ 4C then progressively lowering to 1200 at 74C, where it stays right up to 130C.

I'm guessing that all you need to do is adjust the values from, say 64C up, to 3000. Then hit the download button.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But as i said, i dont wanna get me a tuneboy which is not very cheap by itself, just to adjust the idle ... talk about overkill :doh:

·
1,841 Posts
I think it was rusty that wrote on a earlier post that the tnt with the adjuster cable for idle is different to the tre. The tnt has a walbro ecu and it does not hold the idle via the stepper (unless cold). therefore the cable adjuster must open the throttle valves to increase idle. Fitting the cable to a tre should allow you to increase idle, as it is no different to opening the throttle slightly, but it may give problems on starting ? The way is to use axone or tuneboy as Engenia says.If dealer does not have or cant use i would avoid ! Ask russrusty he should confirm or tell you the way...:)
IF you are using the bike on track why not get the cable kit as benellidave said, then leave the ecu, just start and warmup then adjust to 3000 for the track and put back to normal idle when finished.???????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts