Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wilma or Betty? Mother or daughter? Hilly or Barry? Stark naked or with classy lingerie? A complaint or a blow j... er, nevermind, you've got the picture.
Let's assume there's a dilemma, having to choose between a Tornado and a TnT. To Tornado, or not to TnT, that is the question. I wonder if anyone has pondered upon the pros and cons of each choice, or is it a clear either-or, for each rider? May be a no-brainer to most indeed, but not necessarily. Assuming one cannot afford both, which one should one go for and why? Thou shalt present thine thoughts on this great matter now.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I had the same problem when I purchased my CR.
I went in to the dealer to get a 1130 Tornado, when I got there it was gone.
So it was the CR. (they were both on my wish list).
Personally I want both.
Choices choices. Spin a coin.
Paul

·
Registered
290 Posts
easy answer get the tre-k great all rounder sporty look great riding position and punchy enough to be exciting:ele:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Choices choices. Spin a coin.
That actually sounds like a solid plan.

easy answer get the tre-k
Yeah, that's a good point. Also a suggestion slightly easier to expect than the Spanish inquisition. The TreK does have some very interesting features and it is a great bike on its own right, (I've tried it, too), but it's not really a substitute for either one. It's a third, clearly different option.

and get each
Ha. You're not much of help, either. I wish I could, but my budget does not permit that.

But seriously, suppose I was not wishing for suggestions where to go, but sort of fishing for your thoughts about why you chose what you chose. In case there were two bikes with the same price tag, which one would you go for, and why?
A while ago I, too, sort of thought the choice would be pretty obvious, but now I'm not so sure. I think the same problem may be quite similar with other brands, too. At least I have the same dilemma with two different brands. That is, as long as one cannot have both.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If I didn't have a faired bike already , I'd have gone for the Tornado.
I chose the TnT as I wanted a naked street fighter.
However....the TnT is so much more fun to ride than the K12, more sort of "flies in the teeth" fun :)
I only got to ride mine twice before the RAC trailered it off, but I *really* miss it and can't wait to get it back......

·
349 Posts
I am lucky to have both and have had for 2 years and it is still very difficult to decide which one would go if needs must.I have always said that my favourite is the TNT but now i dont know.I am doing a track day at Brands on thursday and am taking both bikes so it will be interesting to see how i feel after getting both out on the track.What i would say is that the Tornado is a perfectly set up bike once you get the initial problems sorted and does not need much in the way of extras,whereas the TNT can do some serious damage to your wallet with all the extras.Just ask Benelli Dave!.:)

·
5,934 Posts
My 2 bits, for what it's worth.:soapbox:
My Tornado is minus it's panels at the moment, courtesy of a dim witted roo.

This naked bike stuff has got knobs on. It's cold. It's hard work hanging on at speed, for any length of time. It's less fuel efficient (5km less on a tank).

If you want to jump on in the morning, and get off, unaided, that evening, 800 kms away, the Tornado is the one to go for.

·
3,085 Posts
Well

If Benelli made a TnT CR with the Sports shock, forks and radial brakes my choice would be a lot easier, i was going to ask Benelli Italy to make up a CR with just that :)

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
If Benelli made a TnT CR with the Sports shock, forks and radial brakes my choice would be a lot easier, i was going to ask Benelli Italy to make up a CR with just that :)
The forks are the same except for the radial brakes and really the only difference is the way of mounting the calipers. I do not believe for any street use one would notice the difference. Probably not even on a track day unless you were Mr Goddard. (me thinks) I was reading some articles on this.
You could always fit an after market rear shock.

As for which bike I think every body here would like both if they could afford it.
So that's a lot of help. :D
Paul

·
3,085 Posts
Cr versus Sport

Cr runs the 43mm units, wheres the sport runs the 50mm, really it they had the above it would be the same spec as my RS, and parts ordering would be easier :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts