Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it wont be long before they start throwing the salt on the roads:bawl: ,so while my nelli's stood in the garage on carpet plugged into the maximiser:clap: i'll be scowering the web pages for bits:clap: ie= chain and sprocket kits , hopefully find a good deal on some tyres:clap: seen something about maxis on ebay but i really want to stay on dunlops:clap: i might even look for somthing in carbon fiber:D i'll also have to stock up on polish:D a titanium LE can would be nice:clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
My thoughts exactly, winter is no time for exotic Italian masterpieces, the Benelli will only be out for jollies on nice days from now on, the little scooter will do as a run around til spring.
Have had my new Maxxis on for about 500 miles now and got to say they are pretty good, look nice , feel stable and confident with them, and the wear seems OK so far. The best of all was the price though, £135 from http://www.stickyandround.co.uk/ and they came next day free delivery, good for other brands on price too, share the knowledge when it comes to good service etc,
Steve.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I will shortly be giving ellie an oil change and wrapping her up in a vac bag for the winter as I have the dampest garage ever! My time will instead be spent on bringing back the 254 to it's former glory, which is looking like a bigger challenge than I first thought!

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
Blanket and vac bag,waterproof cover and under the bike barn(no garage here) will be the bikes home till spring.Good scrub down and a general lube up tomorrow first tho.

Looking for some c/f fairing inners for next year and would really like to get the suspension professionally set up.............:clap:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Get out and Ride!

Off to the NEC bike show on her end of November.:D
I keep riding till they salt the roads, it rains and clears it away, then off out again!
No carpet and rugs for Nelli.:doh:

Hope to do a coast run before Christmas too!:clap:

I ride till my tackle gets frost bite.:)
Klinker.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I keep riding till they salt the roads, it rains and clears it away, then off out again!
Me to.. No problem riding in the cold, just needs to be SALT free.. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
My winter project.
When i have finished my new workshop my plan will be to dismantle almost the whole bike, mostly for a color change.
Will try to make the recommended modifications that has not been done along the way on rebuilding the bike.
Any adwise regarding what to look after would be welcome:D
Have also two big boxes of carbon and other homemade stuff that's going on this winter.
Can't wait getting startet:D
I'm of working on the shop;)

Cheers Per

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Pick up my bike tomorrow from warehouse on Kemble Airfield where its been sitting since hauliers brought it back from Almeria. 85 mile bimble home, then a good clean, followed by cotton cover in my heated garage :D
Prob a few trips to work and back on dry sunny days and that will be it for this year. My bast**d mates have just emailed me about Portimao in February... :doh: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Me to.. No problem riding in the cold, just needs to be SALT free.. :)
Same here fella will be riding nelli through the winter as long as it's dry can put up with the cold just get me thermals on and way to go,was thinking about fitting some heated grips haven't made my mind up yet :rolleyes:

Kenny.

·
Registered
642 Posts
well all being well my RS is due here in 2 weeks, so I'll be riding all winter, especially as its still 30c during the day and sunshine :)):rolling:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts