Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as a few of you must know by now i'm been looking at changing my Tornado for a Trek
So i have foned round a dealer or two today and the best i've been offered was £3250 against a Trek in green/silver with luggage with 7500miles for £6999.
I then foned about a NEW TRIUMPH TIGER. . .
I was offered more money for mine and the TIGER is BRAND NEW for £7999 including colour coded large panniers. (Bigger than the TREK), Touring screen, Datatool alarm Digit guards and heated grips. Offered £4000 on mine if pesented to them MINT but even if they had offered me £3500 its still a better deal and loyalty has to give way to common sence somewhere along the line. . . . RITE

I am begining to think like BIG (gay) Al. Stick the Benelli, nothing is set in stone yet tho
Don't be shy guys tell me wot you think
(so do the benelli dealers need to pull there fingers out. . . NO OFFENCE MENT)

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,415 Posts
i test rode a tiger a while back.Lovely engine,bit of a notchy gearbox but great riding position,really is ride all day stuff.
The luggage system is brilliant and i was sorely tempted,but money got in the way as usual.
I'd defo consider it if theres a good deal in the offing:)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I hate to say it Pony but if I was in the market for a tourer I would go for the Tiger :eek: I have owned a few Trumpets and loved them all and I test rode a Tiger before I bought the Nelli. Loved it. Much as I luurve the Nellis to me the Tiger would make more sense as a long distance bike, especially if you want to take pillions! Thats what my head would say anyway... my heart says

DONT DO IT YOU YELLOW COLOURIST!!! WHO WILL KEEP US LE OWNERS DOWN TO EARTH IF YOU BUGGER OFF????!!!!

:D :D :rolling: :rolling: :D :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
One thing which did just occur to me though - until now you have refused to take anything less than 5k for yours. If you are now considering a PX of 4k on yours and your heart is set on the TreK, why not put yours on ebay? I am sure you would get 4k plus for it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
One thing which did just occur to me though - until now you have refused to take anything less than 5k for yours. If you are now considering a PX of 4k on yours and your heart is set on the TreK, why not put yours on ebay? I am sure you would get 4k plus for it.
Exactly, and then you could negotiate a better cash deal on any bike that takes your fancy :clap:

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
444 Posts
Pony

I tried both, rated both equal one up but with the other half as pillion with or without panniers the Tre-k was the better bike
but I'm biased I own a Tre-k

Tuono

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hi Tuono I must admit I have never tried a pillion on the TreK when I had one for a day, but looked narrow! How does the mrs find it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well the way i look at it is i'm getting a BRAND NEW BIKE and about £1000 worth of extras.

So thats a £1000 less i have to spend on the bits i want/need so i can drop a £1000 on my Tornado..
But you are rite i would be better selling my Tornado on ebay/Bike trader/MCN privately and if it doesn't make the money i want then i can trade it in much like you did Colin.

Tuono you are bias but then so am i, my heart says Benelli but common sence and £ for £ value say's TRIUMPH

I'm not going to sell my next bike for some considerable time. Certainly 6 years+ so a new one would be the way to go so i know excatly how its been run in and treated from new.
In about 3 years time when the step foul has grown up and does not want to come on holiday with us anymore. (roll on i can't wait) Myself and Mrs Pony are planning on touring for some of our holidays. With all this in mind it looks like i'd be better off with the Triumph then. . . YES. . .:confused:
Has any one done big tours 2 up on a TREK yet, we're talking 4000miles over 2 weeks type touring. Mrs P does like to stable down in the sun by the sea for a week as well so Southern Spain/France/Italy/Portugal will be our destinations.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Borat

No complaints from the mrs, she was a bit concerned first up on the demo bike in relation to the exhaust under the seat.
We had the bike for the day no issues in that area but didn't like the Tiger's pipe position

Tuono

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tre-k

Geeezz Pony, I can't believe you're even considering a Tiger over a TRE-K. Thery're ugly, bland and boring by comparison and way more common. Look at what they've got to throw in to sell them man. You might aswell get a GS and here's what Hitler thought of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaB40TLQE8M
Get your pillion a Airhawk seat cover for the big trips and you'll grin from ear to ear everytime you ride it. And when the TRE-K's parked somewhere and a Tiger pulls up you'll grin even more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
May be so matey but the TRIUMPH is alot better deal than ANY benelli dealer has offered me.

WHY

Your rite the Trek is a way better looking bike My Tornado is mega. If i had the choice i'd keep it and have A TREK.

BUT

Be honest, if you want a bike you can go out and ride without fear of it not starting, getting there AND back without the aid a a recovery truck, a axone computer set up and a large amount of ££ then the TRIUMPH is probably best.

RITE

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well as a few of you must know by now i'm been looking at changing my Tornado for a Trek
So i have foned round a dealer or two today and the best i've been offered was £3250 against a Trek in green/silver with luggage with 7500miles for £6999.
I then foned about a NEW TRIUMPH TIGER. . .
I was offered more money for mine

Don't be shy guys tell me wot you think

Hi Simon a mate at work sold his 07 blade for a Tiger in white and he is over the moon with it

you pays your money........

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Sounds like you've already made ya mind up Simon. :rolleyes:

I think most of us bought a Nelli whilst listening to our hearts not our minds. Of course a Tiger makes a lot more sense and it is a brill bike, BUT. It ain't a Nelli.. :)

I'll still talk to ya mate even if ya do turn mundanely NORMAL. View attachment 1153

·
Registered
444 Posts
Simon

I agree with Hamil re the looks of the Tiger but try both with Mrs Pony on board and let me know what she thinks of the Tiger's pipe position

Tuono

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I agree with the earlier sentiment about selling yours and then finding the deal (says he who has taken px rip).
A shame, it does sound like your mind is made up, and I've no experience of the TreK to say otherwise. However I don't agree with your thoughts about non-starting, reliability, axone, etc shame the mellow RS's are a problem not shared by the 06 greenies :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tre-k

Do a couple of essential bits of preventative maintenance on the TRE-K such as the drain hose on the airbox, seal up centre stick coil, check and retork the nut at the end of the alternator shaft and clutch adjustment, I don't mean at the leaver. (A good dealer will do the last two). And finally, throw the f--king Chinese battery away the first time it hesitates because it'll let you down. Put a Yuasa in and never worry about starting again.
You'll have a very reliable and exiting piece of machinery that'll be a lot more fun and feel good than shitty old tiger. Regarding the better deal, well you'd get a better deal on a Vauxhall than you would on a Ferrari. Which one are you going to like more?? Sorry I'm not helping

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
you'd get a better deal on a Vauxhall than you would on a Ferrari. Which one are you going to like more?? Sorry I'm not helping
David you are bias and i would love to stay with Benelli and have a Trek so i suppose i am to.
I wouldn't really call the Triumph A Vauxhall, Alltho The fact that a Vauxhall is cheaper to buy, run, maintain, and does the same job probably more reliably than a ferrari does go in its favour so 1 nil to Triumph/Vauxhall

IF i was trading in My 3 year old ferriari (Benelli Toenado RS) against a NEW ferrari (Benelli TreK) i would expect some form of instentive to make me stay with the brand and not go off and by a PORCHE (Triumph) . . . Thats exacrly wot i'm NOT GETTING for ANY Benelli Dealer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tre-k

I hear what your saying Simon and it's a shame the dealers aren't trying to keep your business because they are a great bike. You're right I am biased, There's only 2 Benelli's in NZ, 1 TRE-K (mine) and no dealers so I'm in boots and all if you know what I mean.
I'm about to do a 3000km tour of the South Island that'll take it over 10k and the batteries been the only failure so far. Apart from that I think they're reliable and I'm sure the tiger is too so I hope you get a good deal whichever way you go. Cheers David

1 - 20 of 23 Posts