Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

after a couple of days riding around with Xtreme MotoGP can I bought from Ian (Bennyandthejets) I thought I'd post some first impressions.

Firstly it is undeniably LOUD :D with a fabulous metallic rasp low down which turns into an absolute howl from about 6,000rpm. Around town it could almost be described as a tad anti-social. Heads quite literally turn to see what's coming. At least when they do look they are seeing something unusual - not just any old jap sportsbike :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Aside from the sheer volume it gives the Tornado the kind of distinctive aural presence it deserves - the same way you hear a Ducati coming and you know it's a top piece of kit.

More impressively the bike is now pulling so smooooothly low down - almost straight from idle revs - it's amazing! I am guessing this is the Powervalve doing it's stuff. Whatever it is - the bike is now much easier to ride in traffic, no slipping the clutch to ease the revs in, it just pulls cleanly from absolutely nowhere.

Admittedly it has just had a full service with DNA air filter and NGK Iridium plugs so it ought to be in good shape, but back-to-back with the Standard can it's considerably changed the feel of the engine - it just so smooth and torquey low down.

All of the above is with the dbKiller fitted - I don't dare remove it to be honest! Fully open I guess it might free up the top end, but I'm not sure I need much more power at full chat! ;) The low-down torque however is a real bonus! For info, I'm running the 6033modified ignition map, which was developed for an open can.

Big thanks to Ian for carefully shipping the Xtreme can to me - took ages to get it out of the cardboard, packing tape, bubblewrap and newspaper combination but thanks for going to all that trouble mate! :clap:

cheers,
Dom

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Glad to see your Impressed with it Dom :clap: . Its Loud but i think as you stated people see you and at the end of the day its an attention grabber , I'm sure people will like to see a pic on your green/silver Tre .

i was starting to feel like maybe my appraisal of mine was falling on deaf ears but it is nice and the noise does transform the Tornado !!! . I had yours fitted in its prototype state and the angle is more parallel to the bike than mine .

I think if Dave H see's this he will realise when he gets to complete the buying of mine what a treat he has in store .

Glad you went for this extreme can and gave it a glowing report . :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Angus ,
Spoke to Lee at extreme stainless yesterday and ordered mine,:ele:

Mainly because of some of the write ups you have given it,:clap:

Hopefully it will be with me in a couple of weeks because he's going on holiday ,

Mentioned your'e name when I ordered and got a discount too:D

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Maybe i should mention my name and i'd get a discount !!!!! :D

Glad to hear you've gone for one and you wont be disappointed :)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
I am getting very tempted lads, i love the sound of my baby but in my book a bike cant be too loud. :D

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi Dom. I'm glad you are pleased with it - I thought you would be!;)
I really believe it is head and shoulders above other aftermarket cans in that it sooo increases power and driveability.

cheers:D
Ian

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I'm going to try and take my bike out tomorrow Lee and film the looks and noise created from my extreme (slightly different outlet/shroud than normal but similar) and then it will be possible for you to think it over more :D I liked the sport exhaust but this just barks in the right way and would suit your Fortuna so........well:clap:

·
5,934 Posts
Maybe i should mention my name and i'd get a discount !!!!! :D

Glad to hear you've gone for one and you wont be disappointed :)
:rolling: May be I should mention MY name for a discount :rolling:

Glad you like it Dom :D
Sounds like yours ended up the way I originally intended it - parallel with the bike.

It's a piece of safety gear as well. I've found that cars pull off the road to let you pass! Honestly ! ...... It happened several times on the Birdwood to Tea Tree Gully Rd, in the Adelaide Hills last Feb.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Actually Errol :bow: we seem to forget it was your design in the first place ! :clap: did you patent the design ! ;)

The last thing you want to be doing is following a bike with one of those exhausts fitted, unless you're already stone deaf ! :rolleyes:

:rolling:

Although, like you say, the good side of it is the traffic moves over in advance, following Angus is like a scene from the movie "The Ten Commandments" when Moses parted the waves ! :D

:rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Yeah Errol Praise and respect for yourself coming up with the design and the realisation of that thought to the end result :bow: :bow: . glad that the exhaust is having the same result all over the globe - CARS GET OUTA MY WAY !!!!!:D

·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Top job!

Glad you like it Dom :D
Sounds like yours ended up the way I originally intended it - parallel with the bike.
hey Errol - I'm ashamed to admit I had forgotten it was your concept and designs that turned into this awesome exhaust: much respect mate! :clap: :bow: :clap:

It really is the business - the last piece of the puzzle in getting my Nelli how I want it (does that mean I can stop spending money on it now?!? :rolleyes: ). I will post some pics when I get a chance.

Lee - you should definitely consider getting one: would be a perfect match for your awesome paintjob :clap:

Cheers,
Dom

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Getting very tempted mate, i had a look at Benny & the jets album & i must say i think it looks the nuts. Would suit my Bike to the ground :D :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
hehehe...nice exhaust for sure and i reckon the tornado comes alive when singing through a proper pipe....my remus (without baffles so far) sounds fantastic, and gets similar results to the gp can...quite enjoy being blocked filtering and blipping the throttle...puts a dent in the mobile phone conversations from car drivers in the vicinity :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
5,934 Posts
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Went for the first ride in more than a month, this morning.
Man it's a great bike. Awesome sound ....
:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One for Rob

Since you asked Rob - here's a (not very good quality) picture...

Please excuse the - ahem - 'Caravan' I think it's called - in the background. It's not mine - I'd popped round to visit a mate whilst out on the bike.

He claims it's not his caravan either - 'just looking after it for a friend'. Of course you are Andy, of course you are.... :rolleyes:

cheers,
Dom

View attachment 1723

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Dom ,

That can looks tiny and beautiful , a bit like the misses :)

Can't wait for mine to arrive and to fit it

Hope it sounds as good as it looks , not like the misses:rolling:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts