Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just ordered myself a new Tornado 900RS which is being delivered to me late this month and I can’t wait.
However reading through all of your posts on here the bike still does not seam to be without its problems. How concerned should I be and what sort of things should I keep an eye out for? Have been told that the RS is less likely to cause issues, is this true?
I don’t expect it to be a trouble free experience (unlike my fun but soulless R6); I sell Italian cars for a living so have experience of Italian engineering!!
My bike is coming from DK, has anyone got any experience of buying a Benelli from them? How did it go?
With all the above in mind I am still looking forward to throwing a leg over her for the first time. Also definitely need to get a few bits; the brake reservoirs and stubby exhaust look great!!
Hope you can put my mind at rest.
Cheers,

Cawthorne

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Dont Be!!

Dont be that scared I'm on my 2nd Benelli the 1st one (tre) got wrote off after 2 years untroubled riding and is now Bennetts demo bike:ele: , 2nd is a trek and other than a faulty battery:doh: no troubles so far 1500 miles in. Besides that went to Cadwell last week car park full of bikes and only 2 nellis to be seen how exclusive do you want to be!!:rolling:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. I bought my Tornado new in March and have done just under 3000mls and so far it has been trouble free and a joy to ride.:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Joy to own

Me too...had mine since may (2k miles) and loving every moment - cannot stop my self commuting into London while the weather holds :p - poor ole VFR is feeling very negleted:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello mate,
I brought my tre from dk. It never made it home, but the guys up there were outstanding to be honest. gave me a millie to keep me quiet and jumped straight on my tre to sort it. Not had any other problems since(clock reset excluded). If your dealing with a chap called Gary Mckay give him my regards. I'm sure you'll be hassle free and grining ear to ear.

Kev

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
re : benelli's

I may of had a core plug go but mine is an 03 model and has been very little used hence why i think it went. I have had a couple of other niggles and wont throw in the towel as they are known faults so with pre warning i can sort.have to say like most forums owners rather than dealers can always come up trumps with ways to sort your ride and this site no different.
Just think how it feels when you buy a new merc and it breaks down as i hear happens all too often so benelli are ok in my book.

·
Registered
244 Posts
cawthorne77,

Been riding a Tre for 4 years - haven't thrown in the towel yet :), although I am on the second one as the first one was eventually returned to the dealer after about 6 months of stalling that couldn't be fixed...:doh:

Just listening to the exhaust note whilst passing the traffic in the bright sunshine this morning was great !

And it's a lot cheaper to run than the four wheeled Italian money pit I also have :bawl:

Search this site (sounds like you are doing that anyway) and you will find lots of background info on what to look out for.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
cawthorne

ive got a tornado tre limtied edition 61st of 150 made and im selling it for £7000 07 plate with only 600 miles on clock great bike but i just dont like it that much

anyone interested?????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys, good to know most of you have had no or very little trouble with your Tre's.

You're right ExJapSteve, looking forward to my first bike meet after it arrives. Hope to see a few miffed 1098 owners when everyone ignores them and looks at the RS instead!!!:D

How easy is it to get to the battery if it needs charging / replacing? Was the only problem i had with my R6, it ate batteries.

Wee-Man, thanks for the thumbs up on DK, never delt with them before but they offered the best deal, so had to be done.

Can't wait now, i'll let you know my thoughts once she arrives.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tornado battery

Is easy enough to get to....take off the back seat base using key and it's right there. For charging this is easy and both terminals are presented openly. To remove battery though you may well have to take off seat unit:doh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Sean,

Have to keep the trickle charger on then!

Went to Brighton on Sunday for the Ace Cafe run. Didn't see any Benellis except the ones on the Red Dog stand!

Ticking off the days now.............

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Thanks Sean,

Have to keep the trickle charger on then!

Went to Brighton on Sunday for the Ace Cafe run. Didn't see any Benellis except the ones on the Red Dog stand!

Ticking off the days now.............
There was 2 cafe racers and a Motobi Tornado 650 (must have been at least 25-30 years old, and had travelled from somewhere afar as I didn't recognise the plate.)

Other than that, yes there was another cafe racer, the Tre K Amazonis and my Tornado on the stand (looking a bit sad as it wasn't it's most clean!)

Lloyd and myself were there too!

Andy

·
903 Posts
Not forgetting the Green and Silver Tornado Tre and the Yellow TNT that where both parked at the far end of Madera Drive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts