Benelli Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Benelli Imperiale with cheese
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I've been trying to locate a rack for that. They are available on SHOPPEE in India but they don't despatch to Ireland. I've tried ALIBABA but can't find it. If you knock across a supplier let me know.
Will do. There's similar racks to that on ebay, if you don't mind doing a bit of modification you could probably get one to fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will do. There's similar racks to that on ebay, if you don't mind doing a bit of modification you could probably get one to fit.
I'm chasing a guy down to either make up a rack or alter an existing one for me. Waiting for him to come back with a price.
Wow. 3 weeks in and the rain is starting to bring out the rust on the larger nuts/bolts.
I'm gonna have a think about how to address these, I read your earlier post about how you did it so I might go down a similar route. Bloody rain and Irish climate !!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I'm chasing a guy down to either make up a rack or alter an existing one for me. Waiting for him to come back with a price.
Wow. 3 weeks in and the rain is starting to bring out the rust on the larger nuts/bolts.
I'm gonna have a think about how to address these, I read your earlier post about how you did it so I might go down a similar route. Bloody rain and Irish climate !!!!!
I replaced all the bolts and washers that went rusty with stainless items from ebay, you can pick them up pretty cheaply. The four large dome nuts that hold the rear shocks in place have got a weird metric thread but older Jap bikes use the same size nuts here's link to the place for the ones I bought. If I remember correctly they are M12 x 1.25 for a 17mm spanner size but you might want to double check before you order them 'cause it was a while back that I changed mine and I've slept a lot since then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I replaced all the bolts and washers that went rusty with stainless items from ebay, you can pick them up pretty cheaply. The four large dome nuts that hold the rear shocks in place have got a weird metric thread but older Jap bikes use the same size nuts here's link to the place for the ones I bought. If I remember correctly they are M12 x 1.25 for a 17mm spanner size but you might want to double check before you order them 'cause it was a while back that I changed mine and I've slept a lot since then.
Thanks for that Jerry. I just found a store quite close to where I live
They have everything. I'll start to replace them section by section.

·
Registered
17 Posts
These bikes do look good without the pillion pad. I've been contemplating removing mine and fitting some sort of rack in it's place. Maybe when I get a bit of spare time I'll look into the idea more.

Jerry
Hi Jerry,

How's the weather treating you and the bike? Good I hope. It's ideal (within reason) isn't it. I'm just asking you and other members on the board about preparation for the winter. Specifically raingear. All in one suit etc. Trying to plan to stay dry as the cold wet winter comes in.

And then tyres?

All the best everyone!

Ger.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi Jerry,

How's the weather treating you and the bike? Good I hope. It's ideal (within reason) isn't it. I'm just asking you and other members on the board about preparation for the winter. Specifically raingear. All in one suit etc. Trying to plan to stay dry as the cold wet winter comes in.

And then tyres?

All the best everyone!

Ger.
Hello Ger, hope you've been keeping well. We haven't had any rain in the south of England for a couple of months, It's to bloody hot for my liking:cool:. As far as wet weather gear goes all I use are a pair of ex army gortex leggings and me leather jacket. When it really pisses down I wear a good pair of waterproof boots but they are a sod to put on so most of the time I just wear my 30 year old Akito boots, they've got a few holes in them now but they are nice and comfy so I put me feet in a couple of plastic bags inside the boots;).

My rear tyre is just about to expire after 5000 miles of use, this sounds bad but they don't make tyres to last these days so most brands you won't see much more than 6000 miles out of 'em. I'm having a Bridgestone Battlax bt46 fitted to the rear in a couple of weeks, these have good reviews for use in all sorts of weather conditions so I'll see how I get on with it. I usually go for Avon tyres but apparently they don't do one in the right size for an Imperiale.

Jerry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. Good to be here. I have had my gorgeous Imperiale for about a month now and I absolutely love it. It really suits my riding style down to the ground and is perfect for commuting or pottering about up here in the beautiful Peak District. I am interested to see how the bike holds up against the coming winter for commuting. I gave it a good clean and wiped some ACF50 on to help but time will tell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all. Good to be here. I have had my gorgeous Imperiale for about a month now and I absolutely love it. It really suits my riding style down to the ground and is perfect for commuting or pottering about up here in the beautiful Peak District. I am interested to see how the bike holds up against the coming winter for commuting. I gave it a good clean and wiped some ACF50 on to help but time will tell.
Happy riding Neil.

It's an amazing bike. I just recently WON a Tracer 700 in a raffle and am using it a bit. But it's an Imperiale. There's something special about that 400!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Happy riding Neil.

It's an amazing bike. I just recently WON a Tracer 700 in a raffle and am using it a bit. But it's an Imperiale. There's something special about that 400!
Hi Ger, yes it is lovely. I have already had quite a few people say that they love the look of it, with lots of interested nods of agreement whilst having a look. Well done for winning that raffle! 👍

41 - 49 of 49 Posts